- The importance of lifestyle for the prevention of type 2 diabetes has been studied since the 1990s in many countries, in addition to the Western countries, also in China, Japan and the United States. The risk of the people included in the studies for the development of type 2 diabetes has dropped by as much as 60% due to diet and exercise, has Schwab excited.
- The risk of type 2 diabetes can be significantly reduced by lifestyle, which is a scientific fact and not a belief. The most effective way to affect not only the individual's life but also the economically-burdensome illness is health-promoting nutrition and exercise, the nutritionist continues.
In addition to scientific studies, the results seen by Schwab’s patient work speak for themselves.
- When changes in lifestyle are moderate, but permanent, the illness can sometimes be restrained and the medication does not need to be started at all or it can be stopped. There is no medicine that would be completely free of side effects, medicine-free life or life with a minimal need for medicines is for many people an important motivator on the path of change, Schwab says.
Slowly and surely
By lifestyle changes, Schwab does not mean diets or hardcore exercising.
- Emergence of Type 2 diabetes can be affected by very humane changes. There is no need to become a marathon runner but four hours of exercise a week will help prevent the disease. There is no need for special diets, compliance with the recommended example plate model and keeping in mind the food pyramid principles will produce a slow but sure result, Schwab assures.
- Vegetables, fruits or berries for each meal, whole grains, for a woman six and for a man for nine servings a day, soft oils and low-fat dairy products. One doughnut from time to time is not going to kill you, but in a regular day to day nutrition, it is best to avoid products that are poor in nutritional content but contain a lot of sugar and hard fat.
Changes in nutrition are visible in health often within a month.
- Restoration of the sugar metabolism and fat values will depend on the set point, but the fat values will improve in about four weeks. The sugar metabolism balances more slowly. A good slimming rate is one half to one kilogram per week. Dropping off the kilograms can take time, but already 5% of the weight loss will correct the sugar metabolism, blood pressure, and fat values when the drop is permanent, Schwab encourages.
"Dropping off the kilograms can take time, but already 5% of the weight loss works on sugar metabolism, blood pressure, and fat values."
The risk of Type 2 diabetes can be significantly reduced by lifestyle. For example, four hours of exercise a week will help prevent the disease.
Text: Mari Laaksonen, firstname.lastname@example.org
MADE IN FINLAND.
Unsweetened, no added sugar.
Fruit content 100 %.
Additive free and preservative-free
A wide range of Bonne fruit and berry puree are available from well-stocked grocery stores.
The purees taste good as they are, as well as an addition to, porridge, yogurt or curds.More information and recipes: www.bonnejuomat.fi